Bidding for Cavite-Laguna Expressway postponed anew

Posted at 04/01/14 3:27 PM

MANILA, Philippines - The deadline for the submission of bids for the P35.4 billion Cavite-Laguna expressway (Calax) project has been moved once again.

In a supplemental bid bulletin, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said it extended the deadline for the submission of bid proposals for the Calax project to May 21, instead of April 21.

This gives bidders one more month to prepare their bid documents.

"In response to the request of several pre-qualified bidders for more time to study and finalize the changes to the concession agreement, the Minimum Performance Standards and Specifications and the answer to their specific queries, the bid proposal submission date is moved from April 21 to May 21," the DPWH said.

This is the second time the agency has pushed back the deadline for bids. The DPWH had earlier given bidders a three-month extension, moving the deadline to April 21 from January 20.

The DPWH had pre-qualified all 4 bidders for the 47-kilometer expressway, which would connect the South Luzon expressway (SLEX) and the Manila Cavite Tollroad expressway (Cavitex).

The pre-qualified bidders are: Ayala-led Team "Orion"; Metro Pacific Investment Corp.'s MPCALA Holdings Inc.; San Miguel Corp.'s Optimal Infrastructure Development Inc.; and Malaysia ’s Alloy MTD Philippines.

This is the third public private partnership project to be bidded out by the DPWH under the Aquino administration.