Deadline for MRT-LRT ticketing system bids set on Nov 18
MANILA, Philippines - The deadline for the submission of bids for the P1.72 billion single ticketing system for the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) and Light Rail Transit (LRT) is set on November 18, according to the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC).
"The bid submission date shall be on November 18 at 2 p.m. and the submission and opening of bids shall be conducted in Unit 167 16th Floor of The Columbia Tower in Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City," the DOTC said in a bid bulletin.
The DOTC said the latest draft of the Concession Agreement would be considered the final draft.
The five prequalified bidders for the MRT-LRT ticketing system are:
- AF Consortium, led by the Metro Pacific and Ayala groups;
- Comworks Consortium, which includes Taiwan’s Kaohsiung Rapid Transit Corp.;
- E-Trans Solutions Joint Venture, Inc. Consortium, which includes Eastwest Banking Corp.;
- Megawide-Suyen-Eurolink Consortium, which will tap the experience of Singapore’s EZ-Link Pte. Ltd.;
- SM Consortium, led by several companies of the Sy family.
A public-private partnership (PPP) project, the Automatic Fare Collection System envisions a "contactless" ticket system similar to those used in Hong Kong and South Korea. The stored-value train tickets can be used not just on the subway but also at shops and banks.
At present, there are different ticketing schemes for the LRT Lines 1 and 2 and MRT 3.