Online shopping safety tips for the holidays
MANILA, Philippines – To avoid huge crowds at the mall, more and more consumers are choosing to do their Christmas shopping online.
But according to the customer support manager of buy and sell website AyosDito.ph, buyers and sellers must practice the basics of safe internet shopping to avoid being duped by scammers.
AyosDito’s Hazelle Quiwa-Ramos shared these 8 tips for a safe online shopping experience:
• Choose a reputable website
• Never send payment in advance to a seller
• Find a seller near you so you can avoid the risks and added expense of shipping an item
• As a seller, you should never send an item in advance without payment
• Complete transactions in person, especially for second hand items
• Check each item for damage, flaws and general condition before buying it
• Always meet in a safe and public place, preferably during daytime
• For big-ticket items such as vehicles, gadgets and property, secure the necessary legal documents before closing a sale
"With over four years of accumulated experience and mastery in preventing spam and scam, we are able to distinguish whether ads are genuine or not," Quiwa-Ramos said.
"Our approach is to stop the problem at the root. At AyosDito, we check every ad so spam and scam are blocked from being published online," she added.
Quiwa-Ramos said AyosDito has a team of ad reviewers to ensure that each advertisement posted on their site is “legitimate, unique and free from fraud.”
“If necessary, we even contact sellers individually to verify relevant information or to give tips on creating a better performing ad--a free and value-added service that first-time sellers benefit from greatly," she said.
AyosDito is part of a family of over 35 sister-sites in leading countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America.