'MasterChef Pinoy Edition' down to 9 finalists
|MasterChef Pinoy Edition. File photo|
MANILA, Philippines -- "MasterChef Pinoy Edition" is now down to its Top 9 finalists after Lilibeth Nicolas was eliminated from the culinary contest on Friday.
Nicolas, 31, a house helper from Quezon City , failed to impress the chef-judges with her dish, Pork Roast with Mashed Potato.
"Hindi doon matatapos ang passion ko sa pagluluto. Sa dinami-dami naman ng sumali eh napabilang ako sa Top 10 at masaya ako doon. Kahit natalo ako dito, para sa mga anak ko, kailangan kong magpatuloy," the home cook said after she was eliminated from the competition.
Below are the nine finalists who are left to compete for the P1-million cash prize and culinary scholarship.
1. Carla Marcaida, 40, a businesswoman from Bulacan
2. Ronnel Torres, 30, a sari-sari store owner from Pampanga
3. Mac Serrano, 29, an ex-seaman from Tarlac
4. JR Royol, 29, a band vocalist from Benguet
5. Reggie Apolinario, 30, a call center agent from Laguna
6. Gian Espadera, 20, a Human Resource Management student from Davao
7. Myra Santos, 31, an accounting associate from Muntinlupa
8. Maureen Angala, 33, a housewife from Muntinlupa
9. Ivory Yat, 26, a nurse from Quezon City
"MasterChef Pinoy Edition" airs on weekdays before the hit daytime soap"Be Careful With My Heart" while "MasterChef Saturdish Edition" with Melai Cantiveros and former "Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4" housemates Joj and Jai Agpangan airs every Saturday.