Graver than frustrated murder: Vhong to sue attackers
Vhong Navarro's lawyer urges cops to treat condo unit a crime scene
MANILA – The camp of television host Vhong Navarro has confirmed that they are already preparing necessary documents in connection with the case that the Kapamilya star will file against his attackers.
In an interview over “Umagang Kay Ganda” on Monday, Navarro's lawyer, Dennis Manalo, said they will definitely charge those who attacked the TV host with a felony graver than frustrated murder.
“Definitely po meron pong kasong criminal na isasampa si Mr. Vhong Navarro laban sa mga taong gumawa nito. Amin pong fino-formalize ang mga dokumentong gagamitin namin… Very critical po at this point in time na malaman po natin ang katotohanan,” he said.
"Hindi pa namin maaaring ilahad ang kasong isasampa. Pero mas mabigat pa sa frustrated murder ang isasampa namin," he added.
Manalo, however, admitted that they have yet to identify all the people involved in addition to those whom Navarro has named.
“Marami pang John Does dito. Kilala lang sa mukha pero hindi sa pangalan. Pero may mga personalities na nabanggit na si Mr. Vhong Navarro… Yung ibang mga kalalakihan na tumulong pagtatakdyakan at pagsusuntok sa kanya, hindi niya alam ang pangalan ng mga ito,” he said.
Manalo vowed to coordinate with the Taguig PNP. He said the police should treat the condo unit where Navarro was attacked as a crime scene.
“Para sa akin, as soon as magkaroon po ng coordination, I think the Taguig Police should treat that condominium unit as a crime scene. Dapat po naka-cordon off na iyan. Dapat lahat ng individuals who were in that area lalo na ang security guards and CCTV footages, dapat po i-secure na yan. Kunan na po ng statement ang mga gwardiya,” he said.
Based on Navarro's statements, Manalo said, it was clear the incident was premeditated.
The Taguig PNP, on the other hand, said it is still waiting for a formal complaint from Navarro's camp but they have initiated an investigation.
Meanwhile, Manalo said Navarro’s doctors are still determining the extent of the injuries sustained by the “It’s Showtime” host.
Manalo said the actor needs an operation to repair the bridge of his nose. He said Navarro may need further medical procedures.
“Nabisita ko po siya kahapon sa ospital. Matindi ang pinsalang nakamit ng kanyang muka, ulo, pangangatawan. Nabanggit niya sa akin na siya ay magkakaroon ng operasyon dahil yung bridge ng kanyang ilong ay nasira,” he said.
“Tinitignan din ang kanyang mga mata kung nagkaroon ba ng permanent damage ba. Pero ang mas nakakatakot dito, ang sinasabing pananakit ng likod ng kanyang ulo. Masyadong sensitive region iyon, hopefully walang damage na life threatening,” he added.
In an interview with "Buzz ng Bayan" on Sunday, Navarro broke his silence regarding the incident saying he is out for justice following the injuries he sustained last week.
Navarro also denied reports he attempted to rape a female friend, insisting his attackers set out to blackmail him.