Meet the contestants of 'Biggest Loser Doubles'
MANILA – On February 3, 14 pairs of overweight Pinoys are set to face tough challenges that promise to change their lives forever.
Here are the 14 pairs who will compete in "Biggest Loser Pinoy Edition Doubles," which will be hosted by actress Iza Calzado.
1. Brothers and business owners Ralph and Christian who believe that they will earn more respect from their co-workers if they lose weight.
2. Sisters and nurses Tin and Dianne who never had boyfriends supposedly because of their obesity.
3. Married couple Carl and Kayen who want to fulfill the promise they made to each other to become healthy for their children and family.
4. Siblings Bryan and Ikya who wish to lose the weight they gained when they started taking appetite-stimulants when they were still young.
5. Cebu-based best friends turned co-workers Bien and Mai whose hobbies include eating and drinking alcoholic beverages and now want to overcome their obesity.
6. Cousins Lovely and Carol, who both are experiencing tough times and are prepared to lose weight in order to help their respective families.
7. Davao twins Chrisfer and Chesfer, who are determined lose weight and fulfill the promise they made to their dad who died of obesity.
8. Pat and Cathy, who both come from popular showbiz families. Pat is the daughter of Yayo Aguilar and William Martinez, while Cathy comes from the Revilla clan. Even though the two contestants haven’t met each other before, they will join the competition as one of this year’s “stranger pairs.”
9. Former UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe members Cherry and Randall, who both gained weight after graduating from college. Now they want to gain back their former fit bodies.
10. Benzi and Ysai, who became friends after joining in Binibining Mandaluyong 2012, a beauty pageant for plus-sized women.
11. The last “stranger pair” is composed of Francis and Andrew whose reasons for joining the competition are their respective families, especially Andrew who wants to overcome his obesity for his pregnant girlfriend.
12. Mommy Osie, who she shows her love and appreciation to her family by cooking delicious meals, promises to make things right by competing with her daughter Nina.
13. Tristan and Jepoy, who want to lose weight because they are the biggest and heaviest members of their 20-year old “barkada” in Tanza, Cavite.
14. Biggie and girlfriend Valrie, who joined the show to lose weight together. Biggie became addicted to prohibited drugs due to his desire to overcome obesity. Fortunately, Valerie found out about the addiction and helped him get rid of it.
This season of Biggest Loser will introduce a new twist in the form of a “pre-camp,” in which the contestants must lose weight through their own efforts.
After 30 days, the pairs with the biggest weight loss will advance to the next round of the competition.
Once inside the camp, the contestants are expected to help each other as pairs because only their combined weights will be the basis of elimination.
For updates, follow @BLPinoyEdition on Twitter and @biggestloserdoubles on Instagram, or like facebook.com/abscbn.biggestloserpinoyedition on Facebook.