ABS-CBN denies Aiza resigned from 'Be Careful'

Posted at 02/21/2013 1:38 PM | Updated as of 02/21/2013 1:38 PM

Aiza Seguerra

MANILA, Philippines – The Kapamilya network denied that singer-actress Aiza Seguerra has resigned from the top-rating daytime show “Be Careful With My Heart.”

In an official statatement issued on Thursday, ABS-CBN head of Corporate Communications Bong Osorio said Seguerra is a valued member of the daytime “kilig serye.”

Osorio added that Seguerra’s character in the series as Kute is “integral to the narrative of the show.”

In her official Twitter account, Segerra has also belied the rumor.

“FYI resignation issue is not true. Thank you,” she said.

Starring Jodi Sta. Maria and Richard Yap, the show continues to reign in the daytime programming on Philippine TV.

According to the data of the multinational market research group Kantar Media last month, the leading daytime series garnered a nationwide rating of 31.3% last January 25, its highest since it started airing in July last year.

The cast also said viewers can expect new surprises as the plot of "Be Careful With My Heart" thickens.

“Be Careful With My Heart” airs weekdays on ABS-CBN before “It’s Showtime.”