No end in sight, 'Be Careful With My Heart' extended anew
MANILA -- Fans of ABS-CBN's daytime series "Be Careful With My Heart" have no need to worry as the hit "kilig-serye" has been extended yet again.
In an interview with ABS-CBNNews.com on Wednesday, the show's leading man Richard Yap revealed that his series with actress Jodi Sta. Maria will continue its run for the rest of the year.
If ever the series would finally bid farewell, he said the earliest date would be at year's end.
"That is if they want to end it," quipped Yap, who was launched as Giordano's first-ever local brand ambassador on Wednesday.
"Of course, it's a blessing to everyone, not only to us, the actors, the staff and the crew. It's also a blessing to other people who rely on it kasi for them it's therapy. For a lot of our OFWs, for them it's a way to be in touch with the Philippines. So I think it's a blessing for a lot of people," he said of the program's longevity.
Asked if he is worried that the viewers are already getting already tired of the show, Yap replied: "Well, I think the writers are doing something so that it won't happen. They are bringing a lot of other sub-stories so the audience won't get tired of watching Be Careful With My Heart.'"
Last year, ABS-CBN president and chief executive officer Charo Santos-Concio joked that the top-rating show will be on air "forever."
"Hanggang magkaroon ng apo," Santos-Concio said at the time. "That's always a challenge for our content creators. The challenge is always for the next big hit... but for the meantime, as long as the public is supporting 'Be Careful With My Heart,' it will be there."
Last February, "Be Careful With My Heart" continued its ratings reign, finishing 12th in the top 15 programs, based on data from Kantar Media.