Manager defends Revillame amid gambling rumors

Posted at 03/16/2014 6:10 PM
Willie Revillame

MANILA – The manager and friend of Willie Revillame came to the defense of his friend amid allegations that the television host has been losing millions from gambling.

In an exclusive interview with “Buzz ng Bayan” aired on Sunday, Jay Montelibano admitted that Revillame sometimes goes to the casino but belied reports that the TV host is addicted to gambling.

“I’d like to say na 'yung nalulong is not true. Yes, he may have gone and played out of fun. He may already have his share of wins and losses pero 'yung malulong is not really true and it’s not accurate,” he said.

Montelibano also denied a tabloid report that Revillame was held for two days because his loss allegedly amounted to P300 million. “It isn’t true. Like I said, hindi siya madalas (pumunta sa casino) tulad ng napapabalita,” he said.

Meanwhile, Montelibano confirmed reports that the Revillame has already sold some of his properties, but not because he lost millions.

“Actually, katulad nung sa Tagaytay, meron siyang dalawang properties doon… Upon the advice of his lawyers, we have been telling him, ‘Will, kapag hindi mo na ginagamit property mo, might as well sell it and use perhaps the money,’” he said.

“Even 'yung chopper, he’s not using it. To have it maintained on a monthly basis, 'yun lang hangar, may corresponding fees 'yun. That’s the reason kaya 'yung share niya sa chopper ibinenta na rin niya,” he added.

Last month, Revillame’s daughter, actress Meryll Soriano, said people should not judge her father on how he wants to spend his money because he earned them the hard way.

“Kasi ‘di ba, whatever he does with his life, it’s his prerogative. He has worked hard for everything, for his wealth. So whatever he wants to do with that, we don’t have any right to judge or to say something bad about it because it’s his money,” she said.