One of accused in Vhong case posts bail
Isa sa mga akusado sa Vhong Navarro case na si Jed Fernandez,nagpiyansa sa Taguig Court pic.twitter.com/JfRCzhpcDU
— Dennis Cabral Datu (@dennis_datu) April 15, 2014
MANILA – One of the men accused of beating up actor Vhong Navarro posted bail on Tuesday morning before the Taguig Metropolitan Trial Court.
In a post by DZMM reporter Dennis Datu, Jed Fernandez was seen outside the trial court after he posted bail. He and his legal counsel refused to give any statement.
Fernandez is among the seven people charged by Navarro with serious illegal detention and grave coercion. The other six are Cedric Lee, Deniece Cornejo, Bernice Lee, Simeon Raz, Jose Paolo Calma and Ferdinand Guerrero.
Arrest warrants have already been issued for them for the bailable crime of grave coercion on Monday.
Presiding Judge Bernard Pineda Bernal of the Taguig MTC set bail for each of those charged at P12,000.
Although the seven can post bail, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima previously said they can still be arrested if they insist on leaving the country without the permission of either the Department of Justice or of the trial court.
Should they fail to comply with this requirement, not only will they be barred from travelling abroad, they will also be arrested and charged for another criminal offense, De Lima said. -- report from Dennis Datu, DZMM