Anne denies rift among 'It's Showtime' hosts
|Actress Anne Curtis|
MANILA, Philippines – Actress Anne Curtis finally broke her silence on reports that there is a rift among the hosts of noontime show “It’s Showtime.”
In an interview during the launch of her newest endorsement, Avon cosmetics, on Thursday, Curtis stressed that they continue to work “as a family.”
“Wala namang issue. I really don’t know where it’s all coming from. But you know, it’s all part of the industry. As always, they always have something to say,” she said. “As of now, it’s safe to say walang issue, we are all working as a family…So wala, walang issue.”
Asked if she and co-host Vice Ganda recently had a misunderstanding, Curtis replied: “No, wala naman. I mean, mayroon din kaming issues ni Vice, pero hindi seryoso. Alam mo ‘yung nag-aasaran pero wala pa ‘yung tulad ng sinasabi nila na pikunan na serious na it falls to a big fight and commotion, wala.”
Last week, ABS-CBN denied reports that director Bobet Vidanes has resigned from “It’s Showtime” due to a misunderstanding with Vice Ganda and the other hosts.
In a statement, ABS-CBN said the absence of Vidanes and Vice Ganda from the show was due to prior commitments.
Early this week, Vice Ganda returned to the noontime show and explained that he took a break from “It’s Showtime” since he had shows in the Middle East.
"Hi, madlang people. Thank you so much. Welcome back to me. Na-miss ko kayong lahat. Maraming salamat. Ipagpaumanhin niyo at matagal akong nawala dahil ako ay nag-concert sa Middle East at ako ay nagbakasyon. Hindi totoo ang tsismis. Huwag kayong charotera.
"Seriously, na-miss ko kayong lahat, na miss ko ang 'It's Showtime,' na miss ko ang madlang pipol," Vice Ganda said.
Staying as Kapamilya
Meanwhile, Curtis maintained that she has no reason to leave her mother network, ABS-CBN.
She made the statement as her leading man in hit movie “No Other Woman,” Derek Ramsay, recently moved to another network.
“No, wala,” the actress said. “Right now, I think it’s safe to say that as long as I’m happy with what ABS-CBN is giving me, I have no reason to leave.”
Curtis has signed a two-year contract with the Kapamilya network. She is currently taping for ABS-CBN’s upcoming series “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw” with Robin Padilla and Kris Aquino.