Kathryn Bernardo admits missing Daniel

Posted at 04/29/14 12:02 PM

MANILA -- Actress Kathryn Bernardo admitted that she missed leading man Daniel Padilla after taking a break for almost a month.

The teen star returned to the country just last week after touring France and South Korea with her family.

Padilla, for his part, was also overseas, doing shows in Dubai and in Europe.

"Matagal kaming di nagkita. Umuwi ako ng (April) 25 siyemore para salubungin ang birthday niya," said Bernardo, adding that she has yet to find the perfect gift for her "Got to Believe" co-star.

Padilla turned 19 last April 26.

In an interview on Monday after her contract-signing with Star Cinema, Bernardo said their focus right now is on Padilla's second major concert "Dos" at the Araneta Coliseum on Wednesday.

"Mas masaya itong concert ni DJ kasi mayroon siyang gagawin na magugustuhan niyo. Mayroon siyang gagawin dito na di niya ginawa last year at mayroon kaming bagong kakantahin, masaya," Bernardo said.

After the concert, they will resume work on their next movie "She's Dating The Gangster," the movie version of the teen novel written by Bianca Bernardino.

"Naka-isang shooting day kami tapos nagbakasyon muna ako after 'Pagpag' at 'Got To Believe.' Tapos si DJ 'yung concert niya at ako 'yung debut ko. So right after DJ's concert focus na lahat kami sa shooting," Bernardo said.

"She's Dating The Gangster," about a 17-year-old girl who pretends to be the girlfriend of a bad boy to make his ex jealous, will be their follow-up movie to the hit Metro Manila Film Festival entry, "Pagpag."