John Prats says family comes first over love
MANILA, Philippines – Actor John Prats has refused to confirm or deny that his family had something to do with his break-up with beauty queen Bianca Manalo.
|Actor John Prats with former girlfriend Bianca Manalo|
In an interview with “The Buzz” aired on Sunday, Prats said he would rather stay silent about the issue between him and Manalo.
“Yung akin lang naman, kung ano man ang mga issues namin, amin na lang 'yun. Kung ano man ang mga issues na nangyari sa amin, hayaan niyo na lang na kami ang mag-ayos dalawa,” he pleaded.
But Prats also clarified that it never came to a point that he needed to choose between his family or Manalo.
“Wala namang ganun. Iyan naman talaga ang isang bagay na you cannot compare. Kahit naman ako sa kanya, never ko naman siya papamiliin ako or pamilya mo because always dapat ang piliin mo pamilya mo. For how many years, sila talaga ang nag-alaga sayo. Dapat hindi mo talaga kino-compare,” he said.
A report of “The Buzz” last week said that one possible reason for the Prats-Manalo break-up was the alleged row between the former beauty queen and Prats’ younger sister Camille.
The same report said the Prats family felt that Manalo is too "domineering."
Meanwhile, the actor said he does blame himself for what happened between him and Manalo.
“Hindi [ko sinisisi ang sarili ko] kasi ako ang tao na binibigay ko lahat kaya no regrets,” he said.
While he appears to be strong in facing this ordeal, Prats said he is also going through a rough time.
“[Nalulungkot din ako] kapag mag-isa sa kotse, may mga moments na minsan magsi-sink in sayo. That’s part of it eh. That’s part of the process and then eventually happy na,” he said.