Tulfo brothers' show back on Monday

Posted at 06/22/2012 3:07 PM

MANILA, Philippines -- "T3: Kapatid, Sagok Kita," the news and public affairs program hosted by Tulfo brothers Ben, Raffy, and Erwin, is set go back on air Monday after ABC Development Corp. (TV5) posted a P100,000 bond before the Court of Appeals (CA).

Atty. Benjamin Tolosa, the legal counsel of TV5, on Friday morning posted the P100,000 bond before the CA in compliance with the condition set by the appellate court in the resolution it issued last Wednesday (June 30).

In a 13-page resolution of the Sixth Division penned by Associate Justice Rosmari Carandang, the CA granted the request of TV5 as it issued a temporary restraining order (TRO) against the decision of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board's (MTRCB) decision to suspend "T3."

To execute the order, a P100,000 bond was imposed by the appellate court. Effectively, "T3" will be resuming its regular programming by Monday, according to Tolosa.

Tolosa said the TRO shall be effective for 60 days, within which time the court will resolve the petition filed by TV5 that sought the nullification of the suspension order issued by the MTRCB.

"The CA has held that they found that the execution of the MTRCB's decision bears a serious consequence on freedom of expression and speech which results to irreparable damages to TV5 and the viewing public," Tolosa said.

"T3" had been meted out a three-month suspension by the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) for on-air statements by the Tulfo brothers.

The threats made by the Tulfos against Raymart Santiago and Claudine Baretto stemmed from the celebrity couple's tiff with the eldest Tulfo brother, columnist Mon, at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in May. -- with reports from Ina Reformina and Jing Castaneda, ABS-CBN News