Ruffa Gutierrez goes ballistic vs own TV show

Posted at 06/23/2012 1:54 PM | Updated as of 06/24/2012 11:45 PM

MANILA, Philippines (3rd UPDATE) -- Actress-host Ruffa Gutierrez on Saturday said she will no longer be part of the "trashy reporting" of "Paparazzi," and announced she has officially quit the entertainment talk show on TV5.

Ruffa Gutierrez. File photo

 Gutierrez on Saturday took to micro-blogging site Twitter to vent her ire against the weekend showbiz talk show, which she co-hosted.

She said she was maligned by the program on her birthday.

"Binastos ako ng #Paparazzi on my birthday. I'm so sorry but THE BUZZ would never do this to me. EVER!" she said.

The former beauty queen, before transferring to TV5, was a regular co-host of "The Buzz," the weekend entertainment talk show of ABS-CBN.

"From this day on, I will no longer be part of Paparazzi. I will never tolerate DISRESPECT in any form done to me, to my children or to my beloved viewers," she said.

"I refuse to be part of trashy reporting that degrades people or shames others. #Paparazzi" she added.

Now that she has quit from the show, Gutierrez said she is confident that she will manage to earn a living elsewhere, other than through co-hosting "Papparazzi."

"I know God will provide work for me in other ways so I can take care of my daughters," she said.

Whispered questions

During the Saturday episode of the show, Gutierrez's co-hosts -- Cristy Fermin, Zoren Legaspi, Mariel Rodriguez and Jeffrey "Mr. Fu" Espiritu -- took turns in whispering questions to the former beauty queen, such that viewers would not hear what had been asked.

All 4 questions required Gutierrez to pick among 3 options for an answer -- the names of her former boyfriends, Aga Muhlach, Legaspi, and Robin Padilla.

Gutierrez expressed discomfort, asking why the questions were of such nature. She also cautioned that her parents were watching, and even greeted them on air.

One of the questions partly heard on air was "Who has the biggest...?"

"Alam mo, you're so gross. I am not answering that. Wala akong alam diyan. Next question. Hindi ko sasagutin 'yan," Gutierrez said.

The former beauty queen then stood up and thanked her  supporters, preventing more questions from being asked.

In a brief statement posted on its news website, TV5 said it was “seriously  concerned” about what transpired during the show.

The station also "vowed to launch an investigation into the matter."

ABS-CBNnews.com is the news website of ABS-CBN Corp.