Gerald, Piolo saddened by misuse of public funds
|Gerald Anderson and Piolo Pascual. File photos|
MANILA – “On The Job” lead actors Piolo Pascual and Gerald Anderson expressed disappointment over the alleged misuse of public funds by some government officials.
In an interview with ABS-CBN News, both actors said it is sad that they do their part in paying the right amount of taxes only to see their money go to other people's pockets.
“Bilang taxpayer, kami 'yung naka-front eh. Kami 'yung mga sinasabing malalaking tax, so sana ganun din ang mga taong nasa upuan. Kanya kanya naman tayo ng trabaho. Maging totoo lang tayo, maging tapat lang tayo,” Pascual said.
Anderson, on the other hand, said it is disgusting that the politicians who were elected to represent the people are the same ones who take away what’s supposed to be theirs.
“Masarap mag-charity events but at the end of the day, iniisip mo dapat mas may tulong tayo from them (polticians). Pero wala, 'yung pera, they take it for themselves. People are dying because of the money na nasa kanila,” he said.
Anderson said he hopes to see erring officials apprehended for their crimes.
“Siyempre after ng mga nangyari sa atin last week, kita mo ang kahirapan. Kami artista kami, ang laki ng binabayaran naming tax but at the end of the day mayroon pa kaming pambili ng pagkain para sa pamilya namin. Paano ang mga normal na tao, 'yung may mas mababang sweldo?” he said.
He added: “Sana mahuli [yung mga korap]. Hindi 'yung mga kagaya dati na alam natin kung sinong gumawa pero walang nangyari.”
Pascual and Anderson made their comments in light of Monday's protest to abolish the Priority Development Assistance Fund or the pork barrel.
Thousands gathered in what has been dubbed as the "Million People March" to Rizal Park in Manila to send across to government officials their common battle cry.
Participants from different walks of life arrived denouncing the misuse of pork barrel.