New Daniel-Kathryn movie, TV series in 2015
MANILA - Fans of Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla can expect a new movie and TV series featuring their tandem to premiere in early 2015, the young actor said on Thursday.
Padilla made the announcement shortly after he renewed his contract with ABS-CBN film outfit Star Cinema. Present at the contract-signing were Star Magic's Johnny Manahan, Star Cinema head Malou Santos, and Padilla's mother, Karla Estrada.
Speaking with reporters, Padilla said the two-year contract includes two movies, one of which will co-star Bernardo with Cathy Garcia-Molina directing.
Garcia-Molina previously worked with the "love team" in the 2014 blockbuster movie "She's Dating the Gangster" and the Primetime Bida series "Got to Believe," which concluded last March.
'Pangako Sa 'Yo' remake?
Besides his film projects, Padilla confirmed that he is also set to co-star with Bernardo in another soap opera, this time with Rory Quintos, their director in their launching series "Princess and I" in 2013.
Asked whether there is truth to speculation that his new series with Bernardo will be a remake of the 2000 teleserye "Pangako Sa 'Yo," which was also directed by Quintos, Padilla echoed his leading lady's earlier statement.
"Ngayon hindi pa ako sigurado talaga. Hindi pa ako sigurado dahil wala pa kaming meeting, eh, na gagawin namin 'yung teleseryeng 'yon," he said. "Ang alam ko lang, may teleserye kaming gagawin sa first quarter ng 2015."
Last week, Bernardo told ABS-CBN News that she would be overjoyed if offered to star in a retelling of "Pangako Sa 'Yo."
"Kung bigyan ako ng chance na gawin 'yon, sobrang, sobrang saya no'n gawin. Isa 'yun sa mga classic talaga na teleserye," she said at the time.