Shaina Magdayao on nasty rumor: Outrageous, cheap
MANILA, Philippines – It’s the most outrageous, cheap and offensive rumor.
This was how Shaina Magdayao described a recent nasty gossip chasing her and celebrity boyfriend John Lloyd Cruz.
The rumor, which alleged that the couple got “stuck” together while having sexual intercourse, became the talk of the town since it came out 2 weeks ago.
Star Magic, which manages the careers of both Magdayao and Cruz, immediately issued a statement to say that the rumor is a hoax and “the work of sick minds.”
Magdayao, in a press conference for “Precious Hearts Romances Presents Alyna” on Thursday, admitted that as an artist it is so far the nastiest controversy she has faced.
"I think it's the most outrageous chismis ever sa industrya natin. Masyado po yata siyang nanonood ng ‘Grey's Anatomy’ at nakakalungkot na naisipan pa nila kami ng ganoong bagay,” she said, adding:
“Kahit po sa normal na tao, kung totoong nangyayari ang ganoon, pupunta ka ba naman sa ospital? Kami pa kaya na public figures kami at kahit anong gawin namin ay mababalitaan lahat ng tao?"
Her camp is already tracing where the rumor started and appropriate charges will be filed against those responsible for the reports, she said.
"Definitely Star Magic is doing something about it, my family is doing something about it. Hindi naman kasi tama. At the same time, gusto kong ipakita na porke artista kami ay puwede kaming pagbintangan ng mga ganito? Kung sa ibang tao ay nakakatuwa siya, sa nakakabasa sa Internet, sa aming nabibiktima, hindi po nakakatuwa," Magdayao said.
She also disputed speculations that the issue is meant to promote her upcoming TV series "Alyna." “Ako po gusto ko pong makilala at mapansin ang talento ko not in negative way."
Strong support system
She said her family, particularly her father, got hurt by the controversy.
“Sinasabi lang nila may boundaries kasi this is not typical tsismis na nasasabi at nabibintang sa isang artista. Ito ay isang napakabastos, napakababang tsismis,” she said.
Magdayao said she is grateful that she has her family, friends and Cruz to support her amid the controversy. Cruz, she said, is “always there to hold my hand.”
She also thanked those who defended her and Cruz from the issue, including the family of her former boyfriend, John Prats, and some members of the entertainment press.
"Thank you from the bottom of our hearts sa pagtatanggol ninyo sa amin. Tinatanaw po namin itong malaking utang na loob," she said.
As for her detractors, she said she will just pray for them. “Ipapasa-Diyos ko na lang. Definitely, hindi naman po kayo patatahimikin ng konsensiya ninyo."