Sam Milby opens up about Maja
|Hunk actor Sam Milby. File Photo|
Milby reveals he was first choice for 'The Mistress'
MANILA, Philippines - Actor Sam Milby denied that he is now courting Maja Salvador, who recently broke up with actor Matteo Guidicelli. But the former "Pinoy Big Brother" housemate refused to reject the possibility of a future relationship.
"Basta Maja and I are friends, basta we are friends right now. But I can't say na nothing will gonna happen in the future," Milby told reporters in a press launch of his endorsement, Dermablend, on Tuesday afternoon.
Milby, who stressed that he is single, said that he and the actress have remained okay even after his name cropped up after Salvador broke up with Guidicelli.
"We are OK. Basta we are friends. We worked together and we'd been friends for a while. And it's sad kasi with the breakup, you always get included in the issue. Dapat alam din ng mga tao na kasi nag-break na 'yung mga tao, they have their own lives now, they are free to date anybody. Hindi naman kailangan na kung sino ang dini-date, 'yun ang third party. Hindi dapat ganoon. They are free to date anyone," Milby said.
The actor said his relationship with Salvador wasn't affected by the rumors, especially since Salvador made it clear that he was not the third wheel that led to the separation.
"Kinlaro din niya na wala namang third party and I hope people will understand," he said.
This is not the first time Milby has dragged in a high-profile breakup. It will be recalled that Milby was also reported as the alleged third party in the breakup of KC Concepcion and Piolo Pascual.
"I don't feel bad. It's something that you have to accept naman here in the business. ...They make assumptions. Basta ang importante ay alam kong wala akong ginagawa, at alam ko ang tama. Sadly people have their opinions at lalabas naman ang totoo," he said.
His loss, John Lloyd's gain
Milby, who flew to the United States early this year in the hopes of making it in Hollywood, admitted that his absence in the local entertainment scene has hurt his popularity.
"Siyempre matagal na akong nawala sa primetime at nag-one movie lang ako last year. The thing is you have to accept na there will be a time ...lalo na ngayon at maraming bago. Ako seven years na this November na I'd been in the business. I think that's an accomplishment already. But you have to accept the fact na there's going to be someone else, someone new, someone different. You just have enjoy what you have," Milby told ABS-CBNnews.com.
But Milby said he has no regrets about pursuing his Hollywood dream -- even if it cost him a role in a major blockbuster hit.
Milby revealed that the role of JD in Star Cinema's "The Mistress," which was eventually given to John Lloyd Cruz, was originally offered to him.
"Actually 'The Mistress,' yun ang role ko and lahat ng people ay nanghihinayang kasi ang ganda ng movie. That was offered to me first. But ako, no (regrets). I think the experience that I had in the States was something I needed. And I'm still pursuing it. Hindi naman sa nag-give up na ako eh three months lang ako doon. That was my initial plan anyway, three months tapos pabalik-balik na ako doon. It was an amazing experience and I'm still pursuing it pa din," he said.
"Sila doon (sa U.S.) they are saying it's best if I stay there. Ako ayaw kong mawala 'yung what I have here. So balik-balik na lang. Ako I'm just excited na I went away for three months then I come back, then ABS-CBN is still giving me 'Against All Odds' and a new movie din. Seven years na ako sa business but they are still giving me projects,"
Currently, Milby is doing an independent film "Death March" for director Adolfo Alix.