Luis breaks silence on ties with Jennylyn

Posted at 09/27/12 9:46 PM

MANILA - Actor-TV host Luis Manzano finally broke his silence on reports that his relationship with Jennylyn Mercado is now on the rocks.

In a press conference on the film, "This Guy's In Love With You," held at the Dolphy Theater on Thursday, Manzano said these reports and blind items are not true.

"Once and for all, hindi po. Hindi ko alam kung saan nanggaling ang isyu na yon. Wala pong 'labuan' issue. Kahit noong lumabas pa yung alam nating issue, never po kaming nagkalabuan, not even for a single day. So kahit ako ay nagulat na mayroon pang 'on the rocks na lumabas.' ... We are still together," he said, referring to the alleged involvement of Mercado in the separation of actor Paolo Contis from his wife, Lian Paz.

According Manzano, he even talked to Paz about the issue although he refused to give details.

"I have to hear all sides ng istorya. We are still together. Huwag na nating ibigay yung detalye (ng usapan) kasi si Lian is going through something, may mga anak sila so huwag na nating i-elaborate. Pero the fact  na si Jen and I are still OK, ibig sabihin, kumbaga, yun na yon, it's something blown out of proportion," he said.

Manzano said Mercado is also clueless on where the issue linking her to Contis started.

"Si Jen, yun din ang gusto niyang malaman. Ang pinakaalam ko lang, nagkasama sila sa Futbolilits, yun na lang yon. Dumadalaw pa nga ako sa set nila kung saan nakakausap ko pa," he said.

The actor stressed that the issue linking Mercado to Contis really never affected their relationship.

"Wala, not for a single day. Kaya nagulat ako na may 'on the rocks' na," he said.

On Thursday, amid escalating rumors of her supposed role in the break-up, Mercado expressed her love for Manzano via the micro-blogging site Twitter , a move that seemed to address speculations on the status of their relationship.

In recent weeks, Mercado's name was dragged into the controversial separation of Contis and Paz. This, according to a blind item that alluded to the Manzano and the singer-actress, caused the Kapamilya actor to be "suspicious" of his girlfriend for over a year.

Prior to the published item hinting about their eventual breakup, Mercado had denied being a "third party" in Contis' and Paz's marriage, and even laughed off the issue.

The former child star, meanwhile, also cleared the name of Mercado in the separation, following Paz's reported admission of the reality contest alumnus' alleged role in their breakup.

In recent months, Manzano and Mercado have been vocal of their strong relationship, which was confirmed by the Kapamilya actor in March last year.

Manzano, in a number of interviews, has also shared his hopes of eventually settling down with the actress.