Sharon, in mourning, says goodbye to Twitter
MANILA -- Veteran actress Sharon Cuneta is taking a break from microblogging site Twitter.
On Sunday night, Cuneta, who has been a subject of criticisms for her controversial tweets, said goodbye to her Twitter followers.
Cuneta is currently mourning the death of her half-brother Boyking.
"Okay -- I can no longer pretend that I can just will myself to be happy. My brother Boyking is not doing very well... Please, please pray for him. Thank you so much," she posted.
"Sorry to have to leave you all for. A little while on Twitter. Need to rest. There are way more important things in the world -- amidst the meanness of people, the intrigues & questions & doubts -- our loved ones are all that matter. My Kuya Boyking, the closest to me among my half-siblings, has died tonight. Thank you to all of you who prayed with us. God bless you. How do I come to terms with this? Lord, comfort me, please. I have very little loving family left... Who will call me bunsoy aside from my Ate Titang now that my Kuys is gone? If my brother whom I fondly call 'BB' gets to read this, I'm sorry for the bad news. I hope to see you," Cuneta shared.
Before taking a break on Twitter, Cuneta was scored for congratulating Megan Young for becoming the first Filipino to be crowned Miss World, while stressing that, at least for her, actress Ruffa Gutierrez should have been the winner.
"WOOHOO MEGAN YOUNG!!! OUR COUNTRY'S FIRST-EVER MISS WORLD (though in my heart, Ruffa won na that crown!)!! CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK."
Last week, Cueneta also kicked up a storm on social media when she threatened to leave her husband, former Senator Francis "Kiko" Pangilinan, if he is proven to have benefited from the scam, following Sen. Jinggoy Estrada's mention of Panglinan's name in his privilege speech last Wednesday.
She also said she would give P10 million in cash to those who can prove that her husband is also involved in the controversial pork barrel scam.
She later deleted her tweet.