Vic on competing with Ai Ai: We're professionals

Posted at 10/27/12 2:04 PM

Vic all praises for Judai

MANILA, Philippines – Their big screen tandem at the 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) went on to become the all-time highest-grossing entry to the local film fest; but this year, Vic Sotto and Ai Ai de las Alas will face off with their respective competing comedy flicks.

Dubbed the "Comedy Queen" of local showbiz, de las Alas teamed up with Sotto in the film "Enteng ng Ina Mo" at last year's MMFF. The Star Cinema co-produced movie reportedly earned over P237 million, which is, to date, the highest total gross of any film entry to the film festival.

For the 38th MMFF, Sotto will again headline the latest in the "Enteng" film series, teaming up anew with Sen. Ramon "Bong" Revilla, Jr. for "Si Enteng, Si Agimat at Ako".

For her part, de las Alas will take a break from her "Ina" series of films, and will join Vice Ganda and Kris Aquino in Star Cinema's "Sisteraka".

According to Sotto, he and de las Alas have in fact spoken about their respective participation at the MMFF.

"Wala naman sa 'kin 'yun eh," Sotto told ABS-CBN News at the sidelines of the filming for the "Si Enteng, Si Agimat at Ako" on Thursday.

"Magkaibigan naman kami ni Ai Ai. At alam ko namang balang araw magkakatrabaho kami ulit, so wala 'yun. Kumbaga, we're professionals," he added.

Now set to portray Sotto's latest leading lady on the big screen is young superstar Judy Ann Santos. Of the Kapamilya actress, Sotto said:

"Kahit anong pagawa mo sa kanya, gagawin. Pag tinanong mo, 'Okay ka lang?' 'Okay ako.' Kahit alam mong hindi, pero ang sagot niya, 'Ok ako.'"

In a separate interview, Santos, for her part, denied "replacing" de las Alas. She also expressed excitement over starring in a film with two "major leading men."

“Para sa akin, napasama ako sa isang history. Nakaktuwa na marami naman sila talagang naging puwedeng option pero ako ang napili nila kaya napakalaking blessing,” she said.