Jelline still hopes to talk to Matt Evans

Posted at 10/28/2012 8:21 PM | Updated as of 10/29/2012 3:53 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Johnelline Hickins, the former live-in partner of actor Matt Evans, is still hoping to communicate with the Kapamilya talent whom she had accused of hurting her.

In a report on “The Buzz” which aired last Sunday, Hickins reportedly even followed Evans’ mother to find out about the actor’s whereabouts so she can talk to him.

Citing a reliable source, the report said Evans is currently in an undisclosed location and has refused to reply to Hickins’ calls and text messages.

Evans was arrested last week and was jailed for almost two days after Hickins’ brother Juan Alberto Carlotta filed a complaint for slight physical injury while Hickins accused him of violation of the Anti-Violence Against Women and Children Act.

Evans denied the accusations at a press conference last Tuesday.

Before the controversy of their alleged altercation erupted, Evans and Hickins had even been planning their marriage.

In a taped interview on “The Buzz,” Evans again denied that he hurt Hickins as he recounted to host Boy Abunda the events on the evening of October 20 as well as the time he spent in prison.

“Hiyang hiya ako,” he told Abunda.

“Sa totoo lang galit ako noon pero nagmamakaawa ako dahil walang ka kwenta-kwenta ang pinagmulan,” he said of the times Hickins visited him in jail. “Habang kausap ko siya, mahal ko ‘yung taong ‘yon, pero iniisip ko siya ang dahilan kung bakit ako nandito.”

Evans also said that he remains committed to their baby but is no longer interested in reconciling with his former girlfriend.

“Sa tingin ko mapapagusapan pa, pero pagkatapos siguro ng pagaayos at paguusap, mas pipiliin ko na lang lumayo kami sa isa’t isa. Ayoko na,” he said. “Sugurado na ako kasi masasabi ko na sobra-sobra ‘yung pinaranas niya sa akin para bumalik pa ako.

“Kung para ho sa bata nandito ho ako palagi, pero kung para po sa amin, hindi na ho,” he told Abunda.

Evans also said he is not filing counter-charges against Hickins and Carlotta.

“Siguro Tito Boy dedepensahan ko na lang ang sarili ko. Lalaban na lang ako sa maayos na paraan,” he said.

Asked for his message to Hickins, Evans said: “Jelline, alam mo kung gaano kita minahal. I’m sorry kasi kinakailangang umabot tayo sa ganito, demandahan. Alam mong hindi kita sinuntok, hindi kita sinipa. Alam mong hindi kita kayang saktan.”

“The Buzz” said they tried to get the side of Hickins but that they refused to give any statement.