3-year-old boy to be repatriated from Kuwait
MANILA, Philippines - A 3-year-old boy will finally be reunited with his mother, as he is repatriated from Kuwait to Manila on Monday.
The boy, who is the son of an overseas Filipino worker, will arrive in Manila at 4:25 p.m. via Kuwait Airways flight KU 411 accompanied by Jocelyn Naputo of the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait.
"Nakatutuwa na makakasama na ng bata ang kanyang mga kamag-anak dito. Hangad ng ating pamahalaan na mapag-isa ang pamilya ng ating mga OFW," Vice President Jejomar Binay said, in a statement.
Rosemarie Solon, the mother of the boy, had written to Binay for help in bringing home her son. Binay referred the case to the Department of Foreign Affairs, Office of the Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs and the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait.
"I instructed our officials to process the child's repatriation documents and exit clearance so he could go home immediately," Binay said.
Solon had been working illegally in Kuwait and had a relationship with a foreigner with whom she bore a son. Kuwaiti authorities arrested her last year for an expired working visa and deported her to the Philippines.
But Solon failed to report that she had a son, who was left with her friends in Kuwait.