Kuwaiti police rapes, stabs Pinay

Posted at 10/09/12 9:22 AM

KUWAIT CITY - A Filipina working at a dress shop in Kuwait almost died after she was allegedly raped and stabbed several times on the neck and back by a Kuwaiti traffic policeman on October 1 inside a police patrol car.

Marissa (not her real name), 27, a native of T’Boli, South Cotabato can barely move from her bed due to back pain. She was deployed to Kuwait on September 12, 2006 to work as a household service worker for three years and later on at a dress shop in Farwaniya.

“Pumunta ako rito sa Kuwait para magtrabaho para sa kinabukasan ng anak ko at aking pamilya,” shared Marissa, a single mother.

She recounted that on the evening of September 30, she and her female friend came out from a mall. They were inside a cab on their way home to Farwaniya when they were stopped by the suspect who alighted from the police car. Unfortunately, her residence visa just expired four days ago and was still being renewed by her new sponsor.

The suspect let her friend get away as she still had a valid visa while she was taken by the suspect to the police car. He drove her to a dark and deserted place in South Surra where he allegedly raped her.

“Sabi niya sa akin punta ka sa likod, haplusin mo sa akin. Lahat ng gugustuhin niya, sobrang takot ko na talaga, kung anong pinapagawa niya sa akin sinusunod ko na lang. Sinubo lahat…hindi pa siya satisfied sa sarili niya, pati likod ko, pati sa harapan ko inano nya ako. lahat yan siya tapos sinaksak pa dito ko pati likod ko tapos tinadyakan pa ang likod ko ng paa niya,” cried Marissa.

She begged him to stop but he went on and stabbed her several times with a Swiss knife on her neck and back. He then kicked her in the back and left her along the highway.

A police on patrol passing by the area saw her lying unconscious and full of blood. She was taken by an ambulance to the Mubarak Al Kabeer Hospital where she was admitted to the intensive care unit for three days.

The suspect was arrested on October 4 and was presented by authorities to her on Sunday for positive identification.

“Na-trauma talaga ako. Nang makita ko siya, tinitigan ko lang siya. Hinding-hindi ko makakalimutan ang pagmumukha niya. Tapos, nginitian pa niya ako. Wala talagang konsensya,” sobbed Marissa.

She revealed that one of the female relatives of the suspect visited her on Saturday at the hospital and offered her some money and a job on a condition that she drops the case against the suspect. But Marissa declined and vowed to fight for justice.

“Sana mabitay siya. Kung anuman nararamdaman ko sana mararamdaman niya. Sa sobrang pagtitiis ko. Hindi ko akalain na ganun lang pala ang buhay. Yung dito ko talaga sobrang sakit talaga dito o, ginanun ba talaga ako. Ang alam ko patay na ako kasi wala na talaga ako dito. Kutsilyo na yan lahat lahat dito. Tingnan mo nga iyang leeg ko, ayan tingnan mo ang leeg ko. Salamat sa Diyos at nabuhay ako,” she pointed out.

Meanwhile, the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait vowed to pursue the case against the suspect.

“Nakakunsulta na kami ng mga abugado at ang mga abugado naman ay nakatutok din sa kaso, hihinintay lang nila ang special power of attorney para opisyal na sila ang hahawak sa kaso,” disclosed Dalidig Ibrahim Tanandato, Assistance to Nationals Unit Head at the Philippine Embassy.