World's 5th best hotel is in Boracay
|Discovery Shores in Boracay is the fifth best hotel in the world, according to Travel + Leisure magazine.|
MANILA, Philippines – A luxury hotel in the tourist favorite Boracay island has been named by a prestigious travel magazine as one of the best in the world.
Discovery Shores ranked fifth in Travel + Leisure’s “World’s Best Hotels” list, surpassing hundreds of hotels from different parts of the globe.
It got a score of 96.77.
“Barefoot elegance is undoubtedly the vibe on this tiny island, where the 2 and a half-mile stretch known as White Beach is often singled out for being the softest in the world. The 88 spacious suites all have large glass walls that look towards a scenic rock garden, but chances are you’ll spend more time by the water,” Travel + Leisure said of Discovery Shores in an article posted on its website.
“Take a dip in the infinity pool, or jet-ski on the crystalline area. For people-watching, head to The Sandbar, where they stir up delicious mojitos, infused with local flavors like lychee and mango. Once you’re sufficiently refueled, karaoke your heart out, with over 1,000 songs (mostly in English) to choose from at the resort’s recreation lounge,” it added.
Topping the list is Singita Grumeti Reserves at the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania with a score of 98.25, followed by Triple Creek Ranch in Darby, Montana; South Ocean Lodge in Kangaroo Island, Australia; and Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur, India.
Landing in sixth place is Nayara Hotel, Spa and Gardens at La Fortuna de San Carlos in Costa Rica, followed by Singita Kruger National Park in South Africa; Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt in Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Ngorongoro Sopa Lounge in Arusha, Tanzania. Singita Sabi Sand at the Kruger National Park Area in South Africa, meanwhile, rounded out the Top 10.
Travel + Leisure said the results are based on a survey of its readers using the following voting categories: rooms, location, service, food and value.
“Everyone wants to know where to stay, and for 17 years running, we’ve asked T+L readers, who are passionate about travel, to vote on the hotels they love the most. The resulting World’s Best Awards are a collection of properties that go above and beyond,” the magazine’s staff said.
Here is the full list of Travel + Leisure’s top hotels in the world:
1. Singita Grumeti Reserves, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
2. Triple Creek Ranch, Darby, Montana, United States
3. South Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, Australia
4. Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
5. Discovery Shores, Boracay, Philippines
6. Nayara Hotel, Spa and Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
7. Singita Kruger National Park, South Africa
8. Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt, Buenos Aires, Argentina
9. Ngorongoro Sopa Lounge, Arusha, Tanzania
10. Singita Sabi Sand, Kruger National Park Area, South Africa
11. The Peninsula, Bangkok, Thailand
12. Wentworth Mansion, Charleston, South Carolina, United States
13. Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve Lodges, Kruger National Park Area, South Africa
14. One&Only, Cape Town, South Africa
15. Kirawira Luxury Tented Camp, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
16. Lodge of Kauri Cliffs, Matauri Bay, New Zealand
17. Mombo Camp and Little Mombo Camp, Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana
18. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, Thailand
19. Tu Tu’tun Lodge, Gold Beach, Oregon, United States
20. Fairmont Mara Safari Club, Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
21. Osprey at Beaver Creek, Colorado, United States
22. Waldorf Astoria (formerly the Elysian), Chicago, Illinois, United States
23. The Peninsula, Shanghai, China
24. Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus, Turkey
25. Lizard Island Resort, Great Barrier Reef, Australia
26. Hotel Santa Caterina, Amalfi, Italy
27. andBeyond Kichwa Tembo, Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
28. Oberoi Rajvillas, Jaipur, India
29. Hotel Salto Chico/Explora Patagonia, Torres del Paine, Chile
30. The Sebastian, Vail, Colorado, United States
31. The Peninsula, Hong Kong
32. The Wilcox, Aiken, South Carolina, United States
33. Live Aqua, Cancun, Mexico
33. Saxon Boutique Hotel, Villas and Spa, Johannesburg, South Africa
35. Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas, Texas, United States
36. Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur, India
37. Capella, Singapore
38. Grand Velas, Riviera Maya, Mexico
39. Amansara, Siem Riep, Cambodia
40. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Big Island, Hawaii
41. Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, Cape Town, South Africa
42. Four Seasons Resort, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
43. The Peninsula, Chicago
44. Cape Grace, Cape Town, South Africa
45. Palazzo Avino (formerly Palazzo Sasso), Ravello, Italy
46. Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, Nanyuki, Kenya
47. Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra, India
48. Lodge at Doonbeg, County Clare, Ireland
49. Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, Budapest, Hungary
49. Huka Lodge, Taupo, New Zealand
49. Morrison House, Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Meanwhile, three Manila-based hotels were also recognized by Travel + Leisure as among the best in Asia. These are Edsa Shangri-La, Makati Shangri-La and The Peninsula Manila.