Manila airport reports cancelled flights
MANILA, Philippines (3rd UPDATE) - Six flights between Manila and Narita have been cancelled following the earthquake and tsunami that hit various parts of Japan.
In various statements on Friday, the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) provided updates of the flights that are confirmed to have been cancelled.
Cancelled flights on March 11:
- Japan Airlines (Manila-Narita), flight no. JL742, estimated departure at 2:50 p.m.
- Philippine Airlines (Manila-Narita), flight no. PR432, estimated departure at 2:50 p.m.
- All Nippon Airways (Narita-Manila), flight no. NH949, estimated departure at 9:50 p.m.
- Japan Airlines (Narita-Manila), flight no. JL745, estimated departure at 10:30 p.m.
- Delta Airlines (Narita-Manila), flight no. DL173, estimated departure at 10:30 p.m.
Cancelled flight on March 12:
- All Nippon Airways (Manila-Narita), flight no. NH950, estimated departure at 9:50 a.m.
Most of the 103 passengers of flight no. JL742 are Japanese, according to radio DZMM reporter Dennis Datu.
The Japanese passengers are reportedly anxious to take a flight home since they are concerned about the situation of their relatives and friends after a massive 8.9 magnitude quake hit the northeastern region on Friday, then a 4-meter tsunami battered the country's coastline.
Jenny Kushima told ABS-CBN News she was worried about her parents and her Japanese husband who live in Tokyo.
Stranded passengers have been brought to different hotels to stay the night as their flights have yet to resume.
One PAL flight was still in Narita when the earthquake rocked the airport. It has since taken off and on its way to the Philippines as of writing.
PAL said this flight from Narita is expected to reach Mactan airport in Cebu before midnight.
MIAA spokesperson Ma. Consuelo I. Bungag said affected passengers are advised to call their Airlines for flight resumption.
The following are the hotlines of the airlines (country code 63, city code 2):
- Philippine Airlines (PAL) - 855-9999 / 855-8888;
- Air Nippon (NH) – 846-7000;
- AirPhil Express - 851-7601
- Cebu Pacific - 702-0888 / 851-3501 loc. 3464
The following are the hotlines of the 3 terminals in NAIA airport in Manila:
- NAIA Terminal 1 - 877-1109 loc. 3544; 8771-765; 877-1200
- NAIA Terminal 2 – 877-1109 loc. 2880 / 2882
- NAIA Terminal 3 – 8777-888 loc. 8144 / 8145 ; 556-4828
In a statement, Cebu Pacific Air said that its flights to Osaka City will operate as scheduled.
"Kansai International Airport (Osaka) is not affected by the earthquake and tsunami that hit other parts of Japan earlier today," the Gokongwei-led airline said.
PAL also said the following flights will depart as scheduled:
- PR 437 (Nagoya-Manila), to depart Nagoya 9:30 AM on 12 March 2011 (on schedule)
- PR 407 (Kansai-Manila), to depart Kansai 9:55AM on 12 March 2011 (on schedule)
- PR 426 (Manila-Fukuoka), to depart Manila 10:15AM on 12 March 2011 (on schedule)