Best cold treats in the metro
Ice cream, milk shakes, halo-halo and more
School has started and summer might have officially ended for some, but the best summer treats -- ice cream, gelato, popsicles, milkshakes and more, can still be enjoyed as the summer heat is still around the corner. FOOD Magazine rounds up the best cold and icy delights that are just right for everyone.
The FOOD Magazine recommends icy snacks for everyone, with categories such as treats on sticks, ice creams, novelty picks, sundaes, and even frozen drinks-- milk shakes, smoothies, and frozen cocktails. Here are some of the team’s top picks you can try today:
1. Watermelon Mint Paletas by Sebastian’s Ice Cream (Available at Sebastian’s Ice Cream and Madeca at The Podium)
2. Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey (Available at S&R Membership Shopping outlets)
3. Gelatissimo’s Choc Hazelnut (Available in Trinoma, Greenbelt5, Serendra, SM Megamall and Shangri-La Plaza)
4. Razon’s Halo-Halo (Visit www.razonsfoodcorp.com.ph for the list of branches)
5. White Hat’s Pinkberry (Visit www.thewhitehat.com.ph for the list of branches)
6. Marmalade Kitchen’s Sticky Toffee Pudding Sauce with Granola (Available at Bonifacio Global City, Taguig)
7. Big Chill’s Strawberry Mango Shake (Visit www.bigchill.com.ph for the list of branches)
8. Donosti’s Don-Ostia (Visit www.donosti.ph for the list of branches)
9. Melona Ice Bar (Available at leading supermarkets)
10. Magnum Gold (Available at supermarkets and convenience stores)
For more icy goodness and where to find them, check out FOOD Magazine’s April-May 2014 issue. Food Magazine is available in bookstores and digital newsstands, iTunes and Zinio.