Sex therapist, former teen star in â€˜Survivor: Philippinesâ€™
|The cast of "Survivor: Philippines." Photo from the website of CBS|
MANILA, Philippines – Fifteen of the 18 competitors in the 25th season of reality show “Survivor,” which is set in the Philippines, have been announced.
Photos and profiles of the castaways of “Survivor: Philippines” have been posted on the website of US television network CBS. Among them are Denise Stapley, a sex therapist; and Lisa Whelchel, a former teen star.
Other contestants include former National League MVP Jeff Kent, who played for both the San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers, and former Miss Delaware Katie Hanson.
The newest season of “Survivor” will see the 15 castaways divided among three tribes named after Philippine animals: Matsing (monkey), Tandang (rooster) and Kalabaw (water buffalo).
The three remaining castaways will consist of returning players who were unable to compete during their season because of injury or medical reasons.
Set in the picturesque Caramoan islands, “Survivor: Philippines” will premiere on September 19 at 8 p.m. on CBS.
Below is the list of castaways in the show.
- Sarah Dawson, 28, insurance sales
- Katie Hanson, 22, former Miss Delaware
- Jeff Kent, 44, Retired MLB player
- Dana Lambert, 32, cosmetologist
- Carter Williams, 24, track coach
- Abi-Maria Gomes, 32, business student
- Roberta “RC” Saint-Amour, 27, investment banker
- Artis Silvester, 53, computer engineer
- Lisa Whelchel, 49, former TV teen star
- Peter “Pete” Yurkowski, 24, engineering graduate
- Malcolm Freberg, 25, bartender
- Zane Knight, 28, tire repair
- Angie Layton, 20, student
- Roxanne “Roxy” Morris, 28, seminary student
- Denise Stapley, 41, sex therapist