6 beauty tips from Georgina Wilson
MANILA, Philippines – With all her achievements at a young age, it is safe to say that Georgina Wilson has become an authority when it comes to beauty and fashion.
On top of her countless covers on high-end magazines, billboards and television commercials, Wilson has also made an appearance on the hit fashion reality show “America’s Next Top Model.” Just recently, she made her first move to reach out to the masses by becoming the calendar girl of alcoholic beverage giant Ginebra San Miguel.
So how does Wilson stay beautiful? Aside from being blessed with good genes, the model, host and product endorser attests to the power of good makeup.
“When I go abroad, I really search for makeup,” said Wilson, who is a self-confessed makeup junkie. “That’s why my friends would always ask me, ‘O George, what makeup should I buy?’ because they know na ‘yun talaga ang love ko.”
“Badly done makeup, that’s definitely a pet peeve for me,” she added. “I’m very obsessed with makeup so my collection at home is very ano, para siyang pang-makeup artist. And if I didn’t like the makeup, I’d just do it myself.”
While it would usually take her an hour or two to get made up when attending an event, Wilson said she prefers to keep her makeup simple during ordinary days to let her face rest. She also stressed the importance of removing makeup and moisturizing one’s skin before going to bed.
Wilson then shared these six everyday beauty tips that she lives by:
1. It’s important to be aware of what your body is sensitive to and then be prepared for it. I, for example, drink a lot of water because I noticed that when I don’t drink enough water, my lips become very chappy. I’m very prone to that.
2. Find a good concealer that works for your skin. I think that’s a good tip for everyone because there’s always days that our skin is more reddish. Me? I have a lot of different ones.
3. Find your go-to lipstick. Sometimes when you’re rushing, the only thing you can do is put on lipstick. Mine is called Lady Danger from Mac, it’s orange red. It’s really nakakabuhay. You have to find something that’s perfect for your skin tone. I know that shade works on a lot of people but I think it also has to suit your personality din.
4. Always curl your eyelashes and put mascara because that does wonders and really wakes up the eye.
5. I personally like contour and blush so I always contour here and put a little blush so it looks alive and my cheekbones stand out. But that’s personal preference. I think some people like more blush than contour, but I think some color in the cheeks is always refreshing.
6. Sleep enough. I think when you see somebody who has rested well, works out properly and takes care of their body, it’s really something that you can’t buy in the market.
Meanwhile, Wilson also shared her thoughts about her personal style with ABS-CBNnews.com:
Describe your style.
I always have a hard time answering that question because I wear what I like wearing. I think it’s easier for other people to describe that. But if I was to pressure myself thinking about what my style is, I would say experimental classic. Like, I like very classic silhouettes, I like very clean, simple shapes, pero I also like to experiment with ano ‘yung mga trends ngayon and what suits me, anong bagay sa personality ko and all that.
Any people you look up to when it comes to fashion?
Of course, Kate Moss, always. She’s amazing. I also love Alexa Chung, she’s very quirky and iba ‘yung the way she puts clothes together. I really take inspiration from anyone and anywhere, ‘yung mga editors ng Vogue, magaling din ‘yung mga ‘yun.
Who are your favorite local designers? Name three.
Ayoko ring mang-offend. Like, I love maybe a good roster of five to 10 designers here. My go-to of course is Rajo (Laurel), Martin Bautista makes a lot of my stuff, and I’m close to this new designer, Boom (Sason), we collaborate on a lot of stuff. But I’m really friends with everyone in the industry. It’s hard to pinpoint just one or two, or even three at that.
What are three essential items in your bag?
Like I can’t go anywhere without? I think I should always have perfume because it also changes your mood when you go places. It makes you feel fresh or makes you feel…A perfume is really essential.
I’ve so many things in my bag that it’s so hard to, like, pick three. Of course my phone, I always have my BlackBerry everywhere. So that, and I think lip balm.
What are five must-have items in your wardrobe?
The little black dress, I love wearing black, I don’t know why. That’s super important.
A pair of jeans that makes your ass look amazing, I think you need to have that. It’s good for the day and for the night.
A really sexy pair of stilletos, usually black or beige so you can wear it with everything.
A bag that you love that you can really go to and match a lot of things and can also go day to night.
And I guess, I would say, blazers. A really elegant blazer. Probably black din kasi it really makes you look so put together and you can put that over anything and look formal right away.
I could go on for about 10 pieces, but I think those five are the most essential. It’s so hard talaga to answer those questions, like your top five, kasi I’m the type of person who wants to hoard everything.
What, in your opinion, is one fashion trend that should have died?
You know what’s funny, because you always say na “I would never wear that.” Recently, hate na hate ko talaga before ‘yung kitten heels. Eh ngayon may nahanap akong kitten heel pair na sobrang love ko so it’s so hard to say na there’s one trend you hate that should die.
But one thing I do hate – I will forever hate – is clothes that aren’t made well. Especially with designers na kung hindi pulido ‘yung mga stitching nila and everything, for me that’s worse than any trend.
I can never say never kasi you know, one month I hate it then the next month I’m like, “maybe I should try that out.” I think it’s more of like finding elegant clothes na really fit you fell and especially if they’re basics, I think that’s the best thing that you can do for your wardrobe.