Erap blasts Trillanes over Jinggoy's 'pork'

Posted at 01/10/14 8:39 PM

MANILA - Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada on Friday lashed out at Senator Antonio Trillanes IV for criticizing the plans of the former President's son, Senator Jinggoy Estrada, to realign his P100 million pork barrel funds to the city of Manila.

"Mas makapal ang mukha ni Trillanes at makitid ang utak niya," the Manila mayor said.

Estrada said his son Jinggoy is not giving the money to him but to the city of Manila.

He claimed there is a study done by the University of the Philippines which shows that the highest poverty incidence is in Manila.

[This is contrary to official statistics which show that poverty incidence is highest in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao. -- Eds.]

Meantime, Senator Jinggoy Estrada also reacted on Trillanes' statement and said "baka ume-epal lang."

He said his pork barrel funds are not for his father but for the needs of the local government of manila.

He said other areas such as Caloocan and Cagayan will also get funds from him.

The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) earlier said it could withhold the P100 million in funds that the younger Estrada wants to give to Manila, out of his P200-million Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) allocation for this year.

The Palace, meanwhile, said a special request must be made before the DBM can release lawmakers' Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF), which had been realigned to several agencies under this year’s national budget. - with a report from Zyann Ambrosio, ABS-CBN News