Ex-FG's motion to travel submitted for reso
MANILA. Philippines - Former First Gentleman Mike Arroyo's motion to travel has been submitted for resolution by the justices of the Sandiganbayan Fourth Division, which has been hearing his graft case for the NBN-ZTE deal.
Arroyo accepted invitations and speaking engagements in Japan and Hong Kong.
Last year, he was able to travel to the said countries after the court approved a similar motion.
Arroyo's lawyers said their client still has the constitutional right to travel unless he is proven guilty of the charges.
The Arroyo camp also submitted a separate motion to quash the NBN-ZTE graft case. This is on the basis that the deal was also revoked in China and therefore, did not result in any contract.
Another hearing is scheduled to discuss this motion on March 6-7.