Palace confirms death of 2 suspected terrorists in Mindanao

Posted at 01/26/13 7:00 PM

MANILA – Malacañang on Saturday confirmed the death of two suspected foreign terrorists in Mindanao.

Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said two suspected senior members of the Jemaah Islamiyah have been neutralized by Philippine forces last year.

The first one was Indonesian Ibnu Gholib Al Jitli, who killed in Marawi City last November 21.

The second was Malaysian Noor Fikrie Kahar, who was killed in Davao last December 14.

Ibnu was allegedly involved in the 2005 beheading of 3 schoolgirls in Indonesia, while Noor attempted to detonate a bomb in Davao City.

Valte said the death of the suspects sends a clear message that the Philippines is not a haven for terrorists. -- ANC