MANILA - Senator Jinggoy Estrada will file a motion for reconsideration with the Ombudsman next Monday after he was indicted for plunder.
Estrada, who is currently in Los Angeles, said he will exhaust all legal remedies to prove his innocence.
However, he said he expects the Ombudsman to pursue the case against him.
Estrada said he will return to the country after Holy Week to face the charges, adding he is ready to go to jail.
"Alam naman namin na moro-moro lang yan. It took them only 6 months to read voluminous documents. Sabi nila truck truck...Sanay na ko makulong. Wala po akong pinapakain sa aking pamilya na galing sa pork barrel scam. Wala po akong kasalanan sa taong bayan," he said.
The Office of the Ombudsman announced yesterday that it found probable cause to file plunder and graft charges against Estrada, Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr., Senator Juan Ponce Enrile and alleged pork scam mastermind Janet Lim-Napoles.
The Ombudsman’s announcement came after the Senate Blue Ribbon panel recommended the filing of charges against the three senators.
Estrada earlier described as a "well synchronized April Fool's Day operation" the decision of both the Ombudsman and the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee to recommend the filing of plunder charges against
Estrada said he was not expecting fair treatment from the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee since the chairman, Sen. Teofisto Guingona III, had already prejudged the proceedings even prior to the release of the committee report.
He also said some Blue Ribbon Committee members showed bias and partiality against their own colleagues "in pursuit of personal ambitions and political agenda."
Estrada, however, questioned why the Blue Ribbon Committee report and the Ombudsman recommendations came out on the same day.
"It's a very well synchronized April Fool's Day operation," he said.
He questioned why the Blue Ribbon Committee and the Ombudsman only concentrated on himself, Sen. Bong Revilla and Senate Minority Leader Juan Ponce Enrile when there were other lawmakers identified in the Commission on Audit special report on the use of pork barrel funds from 2007 to 2009.
He also questioned why the investigation concentrated on the non-government organizations linked to Napoles when the COA report also mentioned NGOs that got bigger pork barrel allocations.
"Clearly kami po ang pinagplanuhan, pinagkaisahan at naging biktima ng sabwatan para magpapogi ang imahe ng ilan sa aming kasamahan sa Senado," he said.