Bong Revilla back in PH
MANILA -- (UPDATED) Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. made good on his promise to return to the country after going on a tour of the Holy Land.
The actor-politician said he was expecting to be arrested upon landing at the airport, having received rumors that a warrant of arrest was already out in connection with his alleged involvement in the pork barrel scam.
Revilla and his wife Lani arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport on Sunday afternoon aboard Emirates Flight 332.
“Nandito na po ako. Haharapin ko ang lahat ng mga ibinabato sa akin,” he told reporters.
Revilla, who went to Israel in the last week of March, said he found “peace of mind” there.
“Mas lalo tayong nabigyan ng liwanag sa mga nangyayari sa kapaligiran. Mas lalo kong nakilala ang Panginoon,” he said.
During his retreat, however, the Office of the Ombudsman released its resolution finding probable cause to file graft and plunder charges against Revilla and others involved in the pork barrel scam.
Resign calls have also started against him and Senators Juan Ponce Enrile and Jinggoy Estrada. Both Revilla and Estrada already came out with a statement, saying they will not resign and will face all issues head on.
Revilla said he continues to experience persecution even if the case has yet to be filed at the Sandiganbayan.
The Philippine Daily Inquirer came out with a story that Revilla once asked former Senator Panfilo Lacson how he was able to evade arrest.
Revilla denied the allegation.
“Kung gusto kong tumakbo, sana tumakbo na ako dahil nandoon na ako sa labas. Pero hindi, dahil alam kong malulusutan ko ito,” he said.