Mike Arroyo wants to go to Japan, HK
MANILA, Philippines - Former First Gentleman Jose Miguel Arroyo is again asking the Sandiganbayan to allow him to travel to Japan and Hong Kong.
In a motion filed June 5 before the anti-graft court's 4th division, Arroyo said he was again invited by the Filipino community in Edogawa-ku, Tokyo, coursed through Evelyn Prieto Solis.
Arroyo's invitation was sent through email.
The visit will be from June 16 to 21, and he will be checked in at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo, 1-1 Uchisaiwai-cho 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 1008558 Japan.
Similarly, Arroyo also intends to travel to Hong Kong from June 21 to 23 to attend to some business of the family-owned LTA Inc. where he is president.
In Hong Kong, Arroyo plans to stay at the Marco Polo Gateway, Harbour City, Kowloon.
Arroyo said he will be back in the Philippines on or before June 23.
The petition was filed by his legal counsel, Edna Herrera Batacan. Batacan hopes to have the petition heard on June 8.
In the invitation of Solis, she told Arroyo that "due to the success of the symposium we held during your visit last month, we would like to extend another invitation to hold further talks with our association regarding concerns in the Filipino community."
Solis and other members of the community expressed interest to hear Arroyo again.
The group has also prepared a visit to Kasai Rikai Park, the boat race course and the stadium in the area.
Arroyo and his wife and several others stand accused before the anti-graft court for corruption allegations in connection with the NBN-ZTE deal.
Arroyo travelled to the same destinations in early May.
On Wednesday, the Ombudsman filed graft charges against Arroyo and several others in connection with the sale to the PNP in 2009 of second-hand helicopters.