Legarda, ex-UP law dean accept CJ nominations
MANILA, Philippines - Former University of the Philippines (UP) Law Dean Raul Pangalangan and Atty. Katrina Legarda have formally accepted their nominations to the post of Chief Justice.
The two have sent their conformes to the nominations of Danilo Concepcion and Florin Hilbay, for Pangalangan, and Prof. Myrna Feliciano, et al., for Legarda.
Legarda is a family law expert and former columnist for several news organizations.
Aside from them, the other nominees (as of 12 noon, June 13) include:
- Justice Sec. Leila de Lima,
- Solicitor General Francis Jardeleza,
- Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Commissioner Kim Henares,
- former Ateneo de Manila Law Dean Cesar Villanueva,
- retired Judge Manuel Siayngco, Jr.,
- Laguna Asst. State Prosecutor Cesar Sasondoncillo,
- Prof. Rafael Morales, and,
- Atty. Nepomuceno Aparis.
The lone applicant is a nurse named Jocelyn Esquivel, bringing the number of nominations or applications to the post vacated by Chief Justice Renato Corona to 11, so far.