Former NICA chief named national security adviser
MANILA, Philippines - President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III has appointed retired general Cesar Garcia as National Security Adviser.
Garcia is a veteran military intelligence officer who once headed the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA).
Aquino has also appointed retired Major General Trifonio Salazar as the new NICA chief.
The President, meanwhile, the oath-taking of 11 new government appointees. They are:
1.Atty Jose Amor M. Amorado - senior deputy executive secretary
2. Atty Ericson A. Alcovendaz - assistant executive secretary for finance and administration and OIC of the Deputy Executive Secretary for Finance and Administration
3. Atty Ronald A. Geron - AES for legal affairs and OIC for Deputy Executive Secretary for Legal Affairs office
4. Atty Teofilo S. Pilando Jr. - AES for government administration and OIC Deputy Executive Secretary for General Administration office
5. Atty Michael Frederick Musngi - undersecretary of the Office of the Executive Secretary
6. Ms. Virgie Torres - assistant secretary of the Land Transportation Office-Department of Transportation and Communications
7. Ms. Ma. Lourdes Ong - Presidential Assistant I, with the rank of Undersecretary, Office of the Special Assistant to the President
8. Ms. Susan Reyes - Assistant Executive Secretary,Socials Secretary's Office
9. Gen. Jose Angel Honrado - General Manager, Manila International Airport Authority
10. Rico Puno - Undersecretary for peace and order of the Department of Interior and Local Government
11. Mr. Eric Gosengfiao - deputy director general, NICA