PNoy appoints officials before ban
MANILA - President Aquino filled up vacancies in government before the start of the election period and the ban on appointments on Saturday.
Among the appointments made was for the position of director-general for preparations for the country’s hosting of the 2015 APEC summit.
- Director-General for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation 2015 Hosting: Consul-General Marciano A. Paynor Jr.
- Acting Assistant Secretary, DOT: Arturo P. Boncato Jr., replacing Domingo Ramon C. Enerio III
- Deputy Treasurer of the Philippines, co-terminus with the appointing authority, Bureau of the Treasury: Sharon P. Almanza
- Executive Director of the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples, under the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process: Marlea P. Muñez
- Assistant Secretary, Department of Finance: Ephyro Luis B. Amatong
- Assistant Director-General, National Economic and Development Authority, Kenneth V. Tanate
- Undersecretary, Department of Energy: Raul B. Aguilos
- Acting Assistant Secretary, DOE: Daniel A. Ariaso, Sr.
- Reappointment of Members of the Board of Directors of the Social Security System (SSS): Juan B. Santos, Emilio S. De Quiros Jr., Eliza Bettina R. Antonino, Bienvenido E. Laguesma, Diana Pardo Aguilar and Marianita O. Mendoza.
- President and CEO of Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corporation (PSALM) for a term of office beginning July 1, 2013, ending on June 30, 2014: Emmanuel R. Ledesma Jr.
- Chairman, Development Bank of the Philippines: Jose A. Nuñez Jr.
- Members of the Board of Directors, DBP: Jose A. Nuñez, Jr.; Gil A. Buenaventura; Jose Luis L. Vera; Alberto A. Lim; Cecilio B. Lorenzo; Daniel Y. Laogan; Vaughn F. Montes replacing Blas James G. Viterbo; Lydia B. Echauz replacing Juan Kevin G. Belmonte; and Reynaldo G. Geronimo replacing Antonio Jose U. Periquet.
- Acting Executive Director, National Kidney and Transplant Institute: Jose Dante P. Dator
- Assistant Secretary, Department of Finance: Ma. Caridad P. Manarang
- Commissioners, Commission on Higher Education, for terms expiring July 21, 2017: Minella C. Alarcon, replacing Nenalyn P. Defensor; Alex B. Brillantes Jr., replacing Nona S. Ricafort.
- Members, Board of Directors, Philippine National Construction Corporation (PNCC): Elpidio C. Jamora Jr. replacing Rainier B. Butalid; Cristino L. Panlilio replacing Thomas G. Aquino; Rosanna Mojica Escareal-Velasco replacing Jose Vicente C. Bengzon III; Tomas C. Falgui II replacing Elmer C. Hernandez.
- Members, Board of Trustees, GSIS: Daniel L. Lacson Jr., Robert G. Vergara, Roman Felipe S. Reyes, Gregorio T. Yu, Elisea G. Gozun replacing Danilo A. Gozo, Karina Constantino-David, Mario J. Aguja, Geraldine Marie Berberabe-Martinez, Romeo M. Alip replacing Mario L. Ramirez
Aquino also appointed prosecutors in Regions I, IV, V, and the National Capital Region.