Palace: PNoy can defend use of Malampaya
MANILA - Malacañang on Tuesday said President Aquino can confidently defend his disbursement of the Malampaya funds.
This, amid a report that Aquino may face cases after his term and presidential immunity from suit ends over his use of the Malampaya funds.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the government already gave a list of projects funded from the fund.
"I can't say for certain if there's no one who will move against him. We can't anticipate whether it will be a nuisance case. ..for the side of the President, we can confidently say we can defend disbursements from Malampaya," she said.
Recto earlier asked government to account for P130 billion in royalties that the government got from the Malampaya gas project.
"Nasaan na yung P130 billion cash na yun, wala na yun?" Recto asked.
He added: "Posibleng nagastos ito sa iba, hindi lang sinasabi na galing sa Malampaya.
Recto said the government collects nearly P30 billion a year from the Malampaya project, and will do so until 2016.
"I'm not blaming the Aquino administration but I’m saying let us put some order in the house."
Meanwhile, Valte said Recto has already denied talking about the possible liabilities of the president.
She said Recto and Budget Secretary Florencio Abad discussed the matter and Recto gave interviews to clarify his statements.
Valte said the treasury bureau will soon be issuing a statement on the state of the Malampaya funds.
Malacanan assured the public that the Malampaya fund is with the National Treasury.
Meantime, Malacanan cannot yet disclose all the details on the disbursement of another presidential lump sum-the disbursement acceleration program (DAP).
Previously, Valte released details of some DAP-funded projects like the resettlement of informal settlers as well as sitio electrification.
She said the Department of Budget and Management will soon be releasing a complete list.
Valte also is letting the DBM answer reports that some senators have denied receiving DAP funds.