MANILA, Philippines – The Sandiganbayan First Division has released a court resolution granting former President Gloria Arroyo permission to travel to the Libingan ng mga Bayani on November 1 to visit the grave of her parents.
Arroyo is detained at the Veterans Memorial Medical Center on plunder charges in connection with the alleged misuse of P366 million in Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) funds.
Six conditions were set forth by the court for Arroyo's visit:
1. The court directed the Philippine National Police, particularly PNP Chief Nicanor Bartolome, to provide adequate personal and escort security measures from VMMC to the heroes' cemetery and back to VMMC.
2. Mrs Arroyo must be escorted to the Libingan ng mga Bayani not later than 830am and to no other place except LNB.
She is allowed to stay at LNB for not more than 6 hours from time of arrival. She must return immediately to VMMC afterwards.
3. Control and supervision of all visitors shall be handled by PNP security. All electronic devices, Internet, cellphones, etc shall be under control and supervision of PNP.
4. Media shall not be allowed to do interviews except upon order of court.
5. All expenses of PNP in connection with the travel from VMMC to LNB and back, shall be shouldered by Mrs. Arroyo.
6. Arroyo must post a cash bond of P1 million within the day. The Sandiganbayan will only be open till 12 noon today. Within 5 days from Arroyo's return to VMMC, the PNP will give a detailed list of expenses related to travel to the LNB and the court shall reimburse PNP using the bond.
The anti-graft court also granted the motion of ex-PCSO board member Manoling Morato to stay under hospital arrest. Morato is a co-accused of Arroyo in the PCSO plunder case.
The court said Morato shall continue to be confined at the St Luke's Medical Center in QC under the control and supervision of the National Bureau of Investigation.
Media interviews shall not be allowed unless authorized by court.
Morato is also ordered to shoulder all his medical expenses at St. Luke’s.