Dengue cases in Metro Manila down 74%: DOH
MANILA, Philippines -- The number of dengue cases recorded in Metro Manila last month is down by 74% compared to January 2012, the Department of Health (DOH) said Thursday.
Dr. Eduardo Janairo, head of the DOH Center for Health Development - National Capital Region, said only 575 dengue cases were recorded from January 1 to February 2 this year.
The figure is down by 74% compared to the 2,208 cases recorded during the same period last year.
Data from the DOH showed that most of the cases were recorded in Manila, where 108 residents were diagnosed with dengue. Two of the 108 died.
Janairo said the record is lower than the 346 cases recorded last year.
Quezon City, meanwhile, recorded 96 dengue cases.
Janairo said most of the dengue patients were male, with ages ranging from 15 to 49. -- Report from Noel Alamar, dzMM