Security tight in SC for Bar exam results announcement
MANILA, Philippines – Security has been tightened Wednesday at the Supreme Court as 2011 Bar exam takers are expected to troop to Padre Faura for the announcement of the results.
Manila Police District Spokesperson Chief Inspector Erwin Margarejo said enough number of policemen will be deployed around the vicinity of the Supreme Court for the announcement of the results at 2 p.m.
Supreme Court Spokesperson Jose Midas Marquez earlier said 1,913 (31.95%) of 5,990 examinees passed the 2011 Bar exams, the 2nd highest passing rate since 2000.
The highest was in 2001 with a 32.89% passing rate. The lowest was in 2002 with only 19.68%.
The Chairperson of the 2011 Bar Exams is Justice Roberto Abad who is a former dean of the University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Civil Law.
The 2011 Bar Exams instituted, for the first time, multiple-type questions. This constituted 60% of the exams; the remaining 40% constituted essay.
The results will also be posted later at the website of the Supreme Court.