Teen girl dies in condo pool electrocution

Posted at 05/22/14 9:08 PM

MANILA -- A teenager died while her two other siblings were hurt after they were electrocuted in a pool area at a condominium in Mandaluyong, authorities said Thursday.

The victims were swimming in the pool area inside Robinson's Gateway Regency Condominium on Tuesday night when the incident happened.

Pauline Anne Pasion came out of the water to move to another pool but was electrocuted.

She died on the spot.

Her two siblings, Pearl and Paul, were also electrocuted but they survived.

According to the victims, they were not aware of a live wire near the swimming pools, and there were no warning signs in the area.

They added that there was also no lifeguard in the area.

The Mandaluyong City Engineering Office is set to inspect the scene.

The management of the condominium has yet to coordinate with the victims' family.

The family is filing a case against the condominium's management, which has yet to issue a statement on the incident. -- report from Dominic Almelor, ABS-CBN News