10 hospitalized after inhaling chemical fumes
MANILA -- Ten passengers were rushed to the hospital after they inhaled chemical fumes in Pasig Boulevard corner Arayat Street in Barangay Bagong Ilog, Pasig City Thursday.
Based on initial investigation, someone threw a can containing a chemical on the street while a passenger jeepney was passing by.
The vehicle ran over the can, opening it and releasing the chemical fumes.
Most of the victims suffered from dizziness, difficulty in breathing, and skin irritation after being exposed to the chemical.
They were rushed to Rizal Medical Center for treatment.
According to Pasig Police Chief Mario Rariza, they have recover the can which allegedly contained sulfur, but they failed to apprehend the perpetrator. -- report from Zhander Cayabyab, DZMM