Work suspensions for Wednesday, July 16
MANILA (UPDATED as of 10:00 a.m.) – Following the suspension of work in all government offices in Metro Manila for Wednesday, various private companies have also cancelled work due to typhoon “Glenda” (international name Rammasun).
Below are the companies which have declared work suspensions for Wednesday, July 16:
- Banco de Oro Metro Manila and nearby affected branches and in areas under Signal no. 2 and 3
- Bank of the Philippine Islands Cavite and Batangas branches
- Century Pacific Food Inc.
- China Bank, China Bank Savings and Plantersbank head offices, Metro Manila branches
- Metrobank Head office, Metro Manila, Marinduque, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, Bicol, Pangasinan, Zambales, Tarlac, Pampanga, Bulacan, Bataan, Quezon and Mindoro branches
- Philippine Bank of Communications in Metro Manila, Central Luzon and * Southern Luzon branches
- Philippine Stock Exchange
- Securities Clearing Corporation of the Philippines
- Sunlife offices in areas under Signal no. 3
While the discretion to suspend work in private offices rests with the employers, Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda is appealing to all employers to allow suspension of work in areas affected by “Glenda.”