MMDA puts down billboards in Metro Manila
MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) conducted a clearing operation on Monday to put down billboards across Metro Manila that were in danger of being uprooted.
In an interview with radio dzMM, MMDA chairman Francis Tolentino enumerated the following billboards that they are planning to put down:
- East Libis, Barangay 160 sa Baesa, Caloocan City
- Vito Cruz corner Osmeña Highway sa Maynila
- Duhat Street, Barangay 684 near Nagtahan Savemore
- Blk.9 Lot 16 Soldier Hills, Potatan, Muntinlupa City
- EDSA MMDA northbound
- Polymedic Hospital
- C5 northbound in front of Market! Market!
- C5 Katipunan northbound
- Ilaya Street sa Barangka, Mandaluyong
Because of this, Tolentino advised billboard operators to voluntarily remove their advertisements as it may pose a danger to people due to the strong winds brought by tropical storm Gener.
Meanwhile, Tolentino said the MMDA already cleared three uprooted trees in McKinley Hill, as well as an uprooted tree intercepting the road in Hemady Avenue, Quezon City.
Tolentino further said the MMDA enforcers are clearing road signs along Roxas Boulevard in manila.
Despite this, Tolentino said the number coding is in full effect today, July 30. – report from dzMM