DPWH road repairs resume over long weekend
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Public Works and Highway (DPWH) will continue repairs on roads damaged by the recent “habagat” floods.
According to the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), the concrete reblocking and pothole patching will be conducted from Saturday, August 25 until Monday, August 27.
Road works will be done on the following roads:
- R10 road, Tondo (northbound)
- EDSA-Quezon City (northbound)
- EDSA-Mandaluyong (Apo St. after J. Vargas, northbound)
- EDSA-Mandaluyong (Shaw Blvd. to Pinatubo St., southbound)
- Katihan/NBP bridge, SLEx, Brgy. Poblacion, Muntinlupa
- Rizal Ave. ext. Caloocan corner C-3 road (southbound)
- Samson Road, Caloocan
- Heroes St. to Monumento (eastbound)
- Railroad Crossing to Market Road (westbound)
Motorists are advised to take alternate routes as heavy traffic is expected in these areas. -- Report from Maan Macapagal, ABS-CBN News