5th suspect in Davantes slay now in custody
MANILA – Another suspect in the killing of advertising manager Kristelle "Kae" Davantes is now in the custody of police, an official said Wednesday.
Task Force Kae head Supt. Christopher Laxa said the parents of suspect Kelvin Joric Evangelista coordinated with the authorities for his surrender.
Evangelista was then taken into custody by the police as he was about to board a bus in Cabanatuan City.
Evangelista is the fifth suspect to be taken into custody by the police. He and other suspects Reggie Diel, Lloyd Benedict Enriquez, Samuel Decimo, Jomar Pepito and Baser Minalang had been charged with qualified carnapping and robbery with homicide.
Of the six suspects, only Minalang remains at large.
Pepito surrendered to authorities on Tuesday to Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla. [www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nation/metro-manila/09/24/13/4th-suspect-kae-davantes-murder-case-surrenders]
Pepito denied allegations by the other suspects that he masterminded the crime. - report from Henry Atuelan, dzMM