Cops hunt down suspect in ABS-CBN exec shooting
MANILA, Philippines – Mandaluyong Police have launched a manhunt to arrest one of the suspects in the shooting and robbery of an ABS-CBN account executive and a companion in Mandaluyong City last September 22.
The suspect, 23-year-old Alvin Martinez Odoño, was identified by the victim, Jade Gonzales, based on footage from a closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera installed at the site of the incident.
Police said Odoño was also involved in a carnapping incident last year.
The 40-year-old Gonzales underwent surgery after sustaining a gunshot wound in his elbow.
Gonzales’s family earlier said the victim is set to return to the hospital for another operation where a titanium plate will be placed in his arm.
His friend, Pedro Orpiano, is recovering at the Mandaluyong City Medical Center. -- Reports from Gus Abelgas, ABS-CBN News; Dennis Datu, dzMM